(Senior) DevOps Engineer (d/f/m)
IntroductionYou love solving complex inter-disciplinary backend challenges. You automate anything you might possibly have to do twice. You get things done and own what you build. You don't agree to the status quo. You're a craftsman and embrace failure as an essential part of success. You take people for who they are and celebrate diversity.
Does this sound like you? Read on…
What you can look forward to
- A committed, friendly and international team – we know everyone says that, but itʼs really true!
- The opportunity to create a leading solution landscape that leads small and medium-sized restaurateurs to success
- An innovative (yes, working remotely is possible) and inspiring (office with rooftop terrace!) working environment
- Fast and clear decision-making processes and close cooperation with all stakeholders
- Plenty of scope for your input and a good deal of responsibility
- A learning organization, a unique culture and collaboration
- Virtual breakfast sessions with a company update every Wednesday: Before the Company Update starts you have the opportunity to have a virtual breakfast with other Birds
- Company events - even in pandemic times we stand together and do something together (within the recent legal guidelines)
- We care about you: With our mental health initiative #wearebettertogether we want to strengthen you
Among other tasks you will be working on
- Plan, build and continuously improve infrastructure, policies and procedures
- Improve orderbird's resilience to inevitable failures
- CI/CD and test automation pipelines to push code to production faster and safer
- Improve platform observability and use this data as a source for further optimization of our backend
What you bring along for this role
- Life learner and tinkerer, someone self-directed, motivated and pro-active in finding areas to improve
- Senior technical experience in architectural and distributed system design
- Expert level knowledge of Linux and network administration
- 3 years experience working with AWS
- 2 years experience working with containerization and Kubernetes.
- Very good knowledge in various database technologies, e.g. SQL, noSQL, in-memory databases, etc
- Experience managing large-scale, fully-automated infrastructure-as-code landscapes (we use Ansible, Jenkins, kops, Packer, Terraform)
- Professional experience in at least one object-oriented programming language (we use Python in our backend)
- Experience designing high-traffic, fault-tolerant systems at global scale
- An analytical mindset and a get-it-done attitude
- Speaks English, bonus points for German
Bei Fragen meld' Dich einfach direkt bei uns per Email an: jobs[at]orderbird.com
Wir freuen uns auf Deine Bewerbung! Mit ein paar Klicks landet sie direkt bei uns.
Talia - People & Culture