We are looking for an enthusiastic Frontend Developer with a passion to build scalable, sustainable and testable software that will revolutionise the hospitality industry. You are a person that likes to work in a cross-functional team? You are interested in influencing our way of working and you take people for who they are and celebrate shared success. Does this sound like you? Read on.
We offer you
- Together with our UX designer you have instantly a high impact and responsibility for orderbird's customer facing websites and webapps.
- The team has flat structures, where each developer assumes ownership of the projects or features that they are developing, and works closely with stakeholders in other parts of the company to deliver their needs.
- orderbird is mature and established enough such that you are not going to have to invent everything from scratch. The company has strong products, a high demand in the market and the right technical partnerships to ensure success in an exciting market, the hospitality sector.
- Modern equipment for your daily work.
- Regular get together events or company events like our Company Breakfast every Wednesday: The breakfast serves as an ideal platform to introduce new employees, to provide department updates and to present news about our company.
- We hate routine, therefore we have a strong culture of automating processes and creating our own tools to be more efficient.
- A committed and friendly team - we know everyone says that but it's true!
- Build user-friendly, maintainable, and testable web applications using modern frameworks and testing methodologies for gastronomers
- Partner with product managers and designers to execute on the product vision and help bring it to life
- Work collaboratively with your fellow teammates to successfully finalize big projects and tackle cross challenges
- Leverage component-driven UI development
- You have built production web apps with ES6/ES2015+ and modern frameworks (e.g. React, Redux, Angular, Vue).
- You have opinions on build-tools and what a good build/test/deploy process looks like. Whatever combination of webpack, rollup, jspm, browserify, gulp, grunt, node-scripts, make, etc. you might leverage, you can clearly explain why you like it (or not).
- You thrive on building web experiences, getting them in front of customers and getting quick feedback to iterate on.
- You have a passion for UI engineering, but are also interested in writing, debugging, and reviewing code on all parts of the stack.
- You have, of course, a solid testing strategy for your code and unit testing is part of it. (e.g. JEST)
- Experience in working in a continuous integration/continuous delivery developer workflow would be great
- Nice to have: An interest in the cloud and cloud technologies, especially as they enable the development process
- No fear touching our Python Django codebase/templates to move it to a better future