Specification of Services orderbird Pro / orderbird POS
Specification of Services orderbird PRO
Status: July 2015
orderbird POS is a gastronomic cash register application that respective users operate via the user interface of mobile devices manufactured by Apple Inc. The software is designed for use by business management and staff in gastronomic facilities.
The software is continually refined by orderbird at its own discretion in order to offer our customers the greatest possible benefit. That is why the service description here is restricted to the state of service on the date of publication. It should not be regarded as a warranty or guarantee.
Status: July 2015
orderbird is a gastronomic cash register system for mobile end devices manufactured by Apple. The sales outlet provides restaurateurs with the following functions:
1. Separate accounts for various users (e.g. administrators, head waiters, waiters) with a variety of different settings and options.
2. Product configuration (foods and beverages), tables, prices, favourites, order processing and payment types.
3. Commencing and terminating work shifts.
4. Taking and processing orders with table selection:
- Invoicing with tabs and payment, divided by customer or table, with cash, EC or credit card, via PayPal or with vouchers.
- Entering a variety of items on different printers (e.g. kitchen, grill station, counter).
- Transfer to other tables in case of reseating.
5. Revenue office-compatible documentation that correspond to the revenue office’s guidelines on mandatory data retention.
6. Utilisation of PLU codes
1. Automatic update function using Apple App Store.
2. Automatic data backup corresponding to the requirements of fiscal and commercial archiving regulations.
3. Restoration to factory settings.
3. Technical requirements for customers
1. Hardware: In order to use my.orderbird, you will need one of the following Apple devices: iPhone (version 5 upward), iPod Touch (fifth generation upward), iPad (3 upward) or iPad Mini.
2. orderbird supports the current Apple iOS operating system. The client needs to update his/her iOS in order to be able to utilise the currently valid orderbird app. The previous version of the latest orderbird app version is compatible with the most recent valid iOS main version (e.g. app version 4.0 only runs on iOS 8.X; version 3.4.5. still supports 7.1.2. and will only remain functional until iOS 9 appears).
3. The customer must update orderbird app constantly to keep it at the current version, depending on the highest available version due to 3.(2).
4. In order to be able to utilise the orderbird functions described above, you will require your own Internet connection.
5. The complete utilisation of the functions described above additionally requires a system-compatible printer (EPSON TM-T20II LAN) and cash drawer (Metapace K2 and KA-330 Push), which are also available from orderbird.
1. The orderbird POS is controlled using the touchscreen functions on Apple devices.
2. The orderbird POS can be displayed in German or English regardless of the device’s system language.
3. The currency in use in the facility can be selected once during the app launch in accordance with ISO 4217.
4. Data exchange between your Apple device and the orderbird POS occurs via secure 256 bit SSL/TLS encryption.
1. CSV (importing items and merchandise groups)
6. Maintenance / support
1. The following maintenance services are offered for the orderbird POS (for details, refer to the terms and conditions under “support”):
- Delivery of software updates.
- Telephone support in connection with orderbird POS:
A. Continuous hotline between 9 am and 6 pm (CET) from Monday through Friday, except on German federal holidays plus 24 and 31 December.
B. 24/7 emergency hotline
- Electronic support requests via Internet.
2. Support may only be requested in connection with a my.orderbird account. It is provided free of charge depending on the purchased customer licence or will be charged at cost incurred.
3. Reporting errors will be corrected to the extent that they were caused by one of the listed orderbird functions.
4. The maintenance period is valid for the duration of the licence.
my.orderbird serves as the online platform of the orderbird POS for use in gastronomic facilities in order to provide centralised data analysis, data backup and data administration. It is operated through secure servers in Germany and is made available in software form as a service (SaaS) via the Internet. The available functions can be accessed through an individual my.orderbird account in accordance with the selected price model.
The SaaS services are continually refined by orderbird at its own discretion in order to offer our customers the greatest possible benefit. That is why the service description presented here is restricted to the state of service on the date of publication. It should not be regarded as a warranty or guarantee.
Status: July 2015
1. my.orderbird is a cloud-based component of a gastronomic cash register system that provides responsible parties with the following administrative and booking modules for the evaluation of the operational data collected by the orderbird POS:
- Bill archive
- Data export (DATEV and GDPdU)
- Master data configuration
- Open tables and bookings
- License booking
2. my.orderbird calculates central individual indicators relating to the gastronomic facilities in accordance with an online connection with the respective end devices.
The data is made available by my.orderbird in the form of individual graphic evaluations and comprehensive reports. Moreover, the cash register system conforms to GDPdU and IDEA and generates a variety of cash register reports (daily, monthly, by shift), which can be transmitted directly from the system to the cash auditor.
3. Creating data backup and recovery with the reports option, permitting analysis over a freely chosen period.
4. Configuration of server settings.
1. my.orderbird can be used by one gastronomic facility. Up to ten end devices – even more upon individual request – amounting to a swarm can be connected with a my.orderbird account. A swarm is a synchronisation function of several devices belonging to one gastronomic facility.
2. The system provides 99.5 % availability.
3. Data backup
1. As long as the system is connected to my.orderbird, a constant backup service stores both revenue-based data (transaction data) and non-revenue-based data (master data) on the orderbird server.
2. Cash reports should be printed out and securely archived on a monthly basis.
3. Financially relevant data must be preserved for ten years.
4. Technical requirements for customers
1. Hardware: In order to use my.orderbird, you will need a computer or mobile end device that can access the Internet.
2. Access to my.orderbird occurs via your own Internet connection.
3. The my.orderbird platform can be accessed using the following Internet browsers: Apple Safari, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox.
1. my.orderbird can be displayed in German or English regardless of the device’s system language.
2. Data exchange between the respective device and my.orderbird occurs via secure 256 bit SSL/TLS encryption.
1. CSV (export of transactions for DATEV)